There are two types of membership with SJMCA. The first is to become a Contractor Member in the Industrial, Commercial, or Residential sector. We always welcome new Contractor Members, especially in the Residential Sector. The second way is to become a member of SJMCA is as an Associate Member. The most common Associate Members are suppliers to our contractors.
Click Here to open the application to become a Contractor or Associate Member
Please feel free to Contact Us if you have any questions before you send in your application.
SJMCA is a trade association for Union Mechanical Contractors that employ the members of UA Local 322 Plumbers and Pipefitters. SJMCA negotiates the collective bargaining agreements for both Commercial and Residential Agreements with UA 322. We are the networking voice of the Mechanical Contractors in South Jersey to promote Union Skilled Craftsmanship, with a commitment to excellence.
- Primary reason to join SJMCA, is your participation in the collective bargaining process. Joining SJMCA will give you that voice;
- SJMCA contractor members serve as Fiduciary Trustees on the Union Funds;
- SJMCA offers education, marketing and training to help grow your business;
- SJMCA works closely with Local 322 to provide continuing education like Plumbing Relicensing classes for members at no cost;
- SJMCA partners with M&SCA of Eastern PA to broaden training and networking opportunities for members;
- SJMCA provides members reduced rates to join NJ PHCC;
- SJMCA participates in the hiring process for Local 322 Apprentice Program;
- SJMCA advocates for our industry to inspire next generations to enter the trades, emphasizing The Pursuit of the American Dream…Hard work creates a great career with great returns;
- SJMCA provides scholarships to Rowan University Graduates and Mainland High School Graduates;
- SJMCA is a strong supporter to several community charity projects;
- SJMCA provides HVAC & hot water heater rebates to customers to help increase market share to signatory contractors;
- SJMCA PAC fund allows our voice to be heard in Trenton and Washington;
- SJMCA hosts meetings with relevant speakers and social events throughout the year to keep members engaged (speakers range from elected officials to motivational speakers);
- SJMCA’s 3 main goals are INSPIRE, EDUCATE, ENTERTAIN
- SJMCA is a great networking, FUN, yet FOCUSED group!